After using countless skin-care products that claim to cure acne, only to witness the condition returning over and over again, it comes as no surprise that many people give up any hope.
While I don’t claim to be in possession of a definitive cure for this extremely frustrating condition, I can’t overstate my satisfaction for baking soda and orange juice mask. I found it hard to believe that these two ingredients can turn into a powerful combo that defeats both acne and blackheads in a single swing.
There’s a lot to love about a treatment that calls for just two ingredients, costs less than 50 cents to make, and banishes oil and blackheads in 20 minutes. The baking soda exfoliates and fights acne while the acid in the orange juice tightens pores and the Vitamin C brightens (you can use a different type of citrus juice but you won’t get quite the same effect).
- 1 teaspoon of real orange juice (best if freshly squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
Use 1-2 times/week depending on skin’s sensitivity.
- Mix 1 tsp. real orange juice with 1 Tbsp. baking soda.
- Spread a thin layer on face, neck and décolletage.
- Leave on for 20 minutes.
- Dampen finger tips and scrub mask in circular motions for extra exfoliation. Rinse.
- Follow with a gentle toner and moisturizer.
I did feel like a layer or two were taken off my skin. It was very smooth and baby bottom like.